- American Indian Library Association is a membership action group that
addresses the library-related needs of American Indians and Alaska Natives.
- American Indian Education Foundation
supplies books to reservation communities throughout the United States.
- Books by LaVera Rose with links to good children's literature about Native Americans.
- If I Can Read, I Can Do Anything. A Pilot Reading Incentive Project for
Schools on Reservations.
- The Lakota Language Consortium . A nonprofit organization made up of Native community leaders, linguists and volunteers, its primary mission is the complete revitalization of the Lakota language, one of only a small handful of Native American languages left that has a significant chance of survival.
- National Center for Family Literacy. The Family and Child Education (FACE) program serves American Indian families with children from birth to grade three and is supported by the Bureau of Indian Education.
- Supporting Emergent Literacy among Young American Indian Students. Full-text access to a 1990 article by William Ross McEachern.